I'm still Obsessed with fragrance. But growing up in a smaller rural East Texas town I felt more Kouros than Brut or Stetson. With Jovan Musk Oil available at Walgreens that was my first experience with fragrance. Discovering Pierre Cardin for men when I was hired at Chess King, my first retail position, I wore it with pride. I've matured and my tastes and education in men's fragrances has as well. Below are my Top 10 Men's Fragrances 1982 - The Present. Drop a comment on your favorites, I'd love to hear them.
1. Hermes Terre d'Hermes - present winter
2. Kouros Yves Saint Laurent - late 80's
3. Bvlgari Pour Homme - present summer
4. Acqua Di Parma Bergamotto DI Calabria - mid 2000's
5. Santos Cartier - late 80's
6. Obsession Calvin Klein - late 80's
7. CK one Calvin Klein - mid 90's
8. Lauder For Men - Estee Lauder - mid 90's
9. Egoiste Chanel - early 90's
10. L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Issey Miyake - early 90's
I will conjecture many of you will relate to backstory regarding men's fragrances. I'd love to hear your personal journey, just drop a comment below. Rocket Hulsey
My favorite perfume is Joy, but my husband loves original Polo. Nice to see a collection of classic and newer men’s fragrances I’ve never heard of. I’ll have to buy some for my man.
I adore all Calvin fragrances, specifically Obsession! Would love to see more Rocket Ranks in the future :-)
I still love so many of the classics. Drakkar for one I still wear today.
I used to love Calvin by Calvin Klein. I wore Polo by Ralph Lauren. My first cologne was English Leather as a young teenager.